Friday 8 June 2012

Friday Fix...Benefit's 'Sun Beam'.

    So, this weeks 'Friday's Fix' is Benefit's 'Sun Beam'. It is another addition to their ever popular range of liquid illuminators and blushes and such....I have a couple of the original illuminators, Moon Beam, Benetint, Cha Cha Ching and Posay Tint and I really love all of them, but they're not a product that I would quickly put my hand to. They give you a beautiful, natural glow and are probably the most popular products from Benefit, apart from there Blush Collection.

     
    I really love Benefit products, but for some reason I always think that they are wildly over priced for some of their products. I always expect them to be a slight bit cheaper, this is probably because the packaging (which I love) is quite quirky and comical so I guess I just presume it will be cheaper! However, you do get fantastic quality of products for the price you pay. 'Sun Beam' is 26.50....yikes, a bit pricey for an illuminator, especially an illuminator that I'm not using everyday. But I actually really like it. Its a more 'bronzer' illuminator so it would be perfect to mix in with your foundation (in small qualities) to give a gorgeous dewy glow to your makeup. I have tried using it this way and its brilliant. I really love the effect it gives and is perfect for a Summer look.

    The real winner with this illuminator is using it as a highlighter. Its a liquid illuminator so it's important to apply it straight over your liquid foundation. Using this over a powder, be it a finishing powder or bronzer, will patch out your foundation and won't mix well at all. Applying the illuminator to the tops of your cheekbones, on the brow bone gives the best finish to this product. It's gorgeous bronze-y/gold colour leaves a gorgeous finish on the cheekbones and works perfectly with a peachy blush, something like 'Margin' from Mac, well that's just what I think. It's not my favourite highlighting product that i've ever use, by any stretch of the imagination but it is a gorgeous product and it's readily available throughout the country. Hard to know whether or not it is worth 26.50, I would probably figure this out after using it for more time, but I will say this, if you find you have drier skin, maybe using a liquid product instead of a powder will keep more oil and moisture in you skin, and save it from drying out too much. 

Has anyone used this product? What other highlighting products do you like??

Thanks for reading! :)

Kate xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment....
Comments make me HAPPY!!!